Copywriter (Mid-weight), M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment is the PR and partnership agency within the M&C Saatchi Group. We are a full-service passion marketing agency that connects brands to Australians through the things they love. We’re dedicated, smart and collaborative experts in our field. We’re passionate about coming together to create and realise big ambitions for some of the largest brands in the country.
The RoleBack to Careers
As part of the M&C Saatchi Group we come together to realise BIG AMBITIONS. And ours is to be the most connected creative company by organising original thinkers in uncommon ways.
We’re committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from First Nations people, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and LGBTQIA+ people. Our flexible work approach, employee-led diversity networks and inclusive career development approach all support and promote one of our core values ‘Walk in Different Worlds’ which helps describe our overall DE&I mission. If you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please let our team know.
We celebrate people who embrace our values and BIG AMBITIONS and the opportunity is here now for a Copywriter to join our team in Sydney.
The Opportunity – Copywriter (mid-weight)
The Copywriter will think differently to a traditional advertising creative, with a focus on storytelling across multiple channels with a big focus on earned. Our work reflects the new ways audiences cultivate their passions, consume media and share stories by delivering integrated communications campaigns including but not limited to sponsorship, brand partnerships, experiential, PR, social and content.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional writing skills, a deep understanding of the industry, and a passion for storytelling. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting the tone of voice and engaging copy that effectively communicates our brand’s message across various platforms, including press releases, partnership collateral, social media content, and more.
The key difference is knowing how to come up with a PR idea, not just how to PR an advertising idea.
You’ll understand how to create experiences for the consumer’s of our clients brands who also happen to be sports and entertainment fans. You’ll help our brands touch the fans’ hearts via creating change and impact in the world of music, fashion, football, cricket, surfing, netball etc, be it through experiential events, social media campaigns, online activations or press exclusives.
A snapshot of what you’ll do –
- Drive brilliance in ideas, craft and strategy across all channel touchpoints
- Ensure that creative work delivers against the brief and brand strategy
- Develop Compelling Copy:
- Collaborate with the PR team and partnerships teams to creatively express and articulate ideas across channels. Have a good understanding of how to write captivating copy for press releases and other PR materials.
- Write engaging and informative content for collateral, including presentations, pitch decks, and promotional materials.
- Craft compelling social media copy, including captions, posts, tweets, and comments, tailored to various platforms and target audiences. Including selecting VO artists and overseeing edits from production partners.
- Ensure all copy aligns with brand guidelines, tone, and messaging.
- Storytelling and Content Creation:
- Develop creative concepts and storylines that effectively convey the brand’s values, mission, and key messages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to brainstorm and ideate innovative content and activation ideas for brand promotion.
- Create high-quality, engaging written content for blog posts, articles, newsletters, and other digital platforms.
- Conduct thorough research to gather relevant information and maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, news, and events.
- Experiential and Events
- Collaborate with the experiential team to develop engaging and immersive brand experiences.
- Write compelling copy for experiential activations, event descriptions, invitations, signage, and other event-related materials.
- Directly contribute to new business pitches for the Agency, and across the group.
- Partner with all Sport & Entertainment team members to help identify possibilities for creative solutions that connect consumers with clients’ brands in personal and memorable ways
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative process to deliver world-class, award-winning work, specialising in Social Content and Earned Media, on behalf of group clients.
- Have a good idea of campaign and production costs so as to concept realistic ideas within client budgets
- Proactively identify and generate speculative ideas and growth opportunities
- Plus, much more our Talent Team will share the full job description in the interview stage
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A ‘just do it’ mentality to breaking down barriers or solving problems
- Infectious passion underpinned by commitment to delivery
- Passionate about all things social, PR, influencer marketing, experiential and content. Plus good technical knowledge of digital production processes.
- Plugged into culture – knows what’s hot and what’s not (sport, music, lifestyle)
- Self-starter – works well independently and takes responsibility for delivery of projects
- A people person, with the ability to inspire members across the Agency and broader Group to rally behind creative opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – a confident, persuasive presenter
- Ability to communicate with all levels of clients, management and staff
- Methodical, organised with high attention to craft
- Experience of working seamlessly with people outside of Creative to deliver non-traditional creative, including but not limited to documentary series, innovative tech, social movement, consumer PR or socially amplified campaigns
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects
Your ideal experience:
- Degree, diploma or equivalent desirable, in marketing, communications, journalism
- At least 6+ years in an Copywriter/Conceptual Creative role
What WE value MOST
- Walk in different worlds
- Make Uncommon Sense
- Run Towards the Fire (except if there is an actual fire when we run away from it)
- Roll as one
- Be excellent to each other
- Best Bits About Working With Us
Our big benefits fuel our big ambitions. We’re here to support and encourage our people at every turn. Our commitment to your individual needs stems from our diverse Flexible Flexibility work approach, flexing to how you want to work and how you want to take your leave. You’ll be saying “hello holidays” with our flexible public holidays, summer half friday’s and even extra leave for taking your leave. And, to further our support to you, Family First, Health and Wellness paid leave are on offer, along with our Work From Anywhere in the world initiative (so you can stay connected across the globe). Plus, you can join our inclusive community led networks, supporting things you care about and your cultural and social wellbeing.
WHAT ARE YOUR BIG AMBITIONS?
We’d love to hear what your ambitions are and how we can help you realise them with us!
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Walk in different worlds
- Make uncommon sense
- Run towards the fire (except when there is an actual fire)
- Roll as one
- Be excellent to each other